Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Marge Readies

Well, today’s the day we depart. I packed in way too much food, of course, positing that even junk food from WFM is better than junk food from a truck stop, and optimistic that having some nutritious mealmakings will prevent too many bad choices. I am excited to get going, but also a little nervous. I imagine that by touring the middle of the grand ole USA that we’ll be seeing lots of interesting things that one does not see much elsewhere in the world. Hope we can take it. It’s one thing to be blissfully ignorant in another country where you can’t understand a lot of what people are saying and doing, but so close to home, I suspect traveling is going to be a little less vacation-like. Regardless, I feel sure that the natural wonders we’re going to see will make up for anything less than wonderful, and hope that Missy and Dawn are formidable enough to keep the other Harves and Marges from pestering us too much at the campsites. That said, one of the reasons I love so much to travel is not only discovering unique places and things, but the possibility of finding out that my preconceptions turn out to be completely off track.
M (S)

1 comment:

Dark Elk said...

Hi RV freaks!

sounds like an awesome trip. I'll be looking for the updates. Is the RV gas or diesel? Can you post a photo of the RV? and what kind of screen does it carry?