Sunday, September 10, 2006

Hi-Lariat Entertainment

Well, it took me a few days to get in the swing of things and actually--in Clayton's Williams' infamous words--relax and enjoy it. Ouch.

Our South Dakota adventures gifted me a few shorter, less "get there" driving days. So today's 7-hour drive through WYO was easy and we purposefully skipped a few things to arrive here early in time for me to get some promised work done. Coupla hours at the puter on the picnic table later, it's time for cocktails and, apparently, Harve trying to lasso the dogs as the sun sets over the RV park smack dab next to I-80...how bucolic.

Oh, I'm supposed to tell you about yesterday morning when Harve was a bit under the weather and predicting how much we would be unhappy with a few ultra-hyped (ahem) sites we were going to see. Aside from the fact that his predictions proved true, I did try to cheer him in the morning with these sage words: "Well, just don't be disappointed if you're disappointed."

And, tamm-e, that reminds me, a few days ago, I thought of you when we saw a billboard advertising
"famil-e fun for everyone!"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

As someone on your parental fringe, and a daughter of the upper midwest, I must give you the five most important words regarding real estate: "spend a winter there first." I have a friend who just moved to WY and she loves it BUT she spent the last 45 years in North Dakota!!!! Steve's advice is: check out the leftovers from the oil shale and uranium mining operations. However, it could be a great insurance policy if you have nightmares about having your parents deciding to live with you!!
Keep them blogs coming and stay safe. Judy

Anonymous said...

Lassoing a doggie who's on a leash! I'm pretty sure that's cheating.