Saturday, July 07, 2007

Here we sit in the Northwest Gateway World Club, jammin' on the free Heinekens, and I have to admit, filling up on free cheese and crackers.

It was a busy day getting it all together and on the road, and I am really hungry. Luckily, this flight is one of our last 'perks' luxury flights - our Detroit to Amsterdam leg is in the Business Class cocoons. Well worth the miles it took, I only paid the taxes this time and we will eat, drink and sleep merrily on the long stretch.

First good portent was that the kindly luggage agent thought she could get our bags all the way to Glasgow, and was doing something pretty intently on the terminal... when it went South, she admitted her loss for where to go rather than blathering on and having our bags show up in Nova Scotia or somewhere. We planned accordingly, so we can schlump our bags in Schiphol.

We're both really excited, but I'll admit I'm not excited enough to bust out the camera and chronicle my large pile of snack wrappers and empty beer glasses.

2 hours 'til liftoff - can not wait... hopefully more from the other side of the pond.

oh, and I wanted to say that it has been great hearing from the lot of you that have already dropped a line; keep up the communication, we will try our best as well.

harve

No comments: